Thursday, January 8, 2015

There are too many things...

That I want to blog about, but I feel as though I should keep my eye on the prize and mention that the Blade's Edge ebook is now available for pre-order for kindle.

It's also now listed on Goodreads so you can add it to your list of "to-read" books if that's the kind of thing you'e in to.

This is all very exciting. The book is also slowly making it's way out to my kickstarter backers. Which is even more exciting... and a bit nerve wracking.

Holy crap people... other people are going to start reading this thing. Not just people I know and trust, but... the general populace. Total strangers.

And now of course, I find myself thinking over and over again "it's not good enough, it's not nearly good enough, there are so many things I didn't do that I should have..."

And of course I also am telling myself to shut up.

Because of course it's not "good enough." But it's good enough.

I worked very hard on this book, put a lot of time and effort into it, and I think it's entertaining, and makes a couple of good points. I hope other people enjoy it. Or at least get to the end and think that was worth their time.

Or better yet, to quote my dad, that the book was "worth the powder to blow it to hell." Of course that quote from my dad usually comes out in reference to things that are not, in fact, worth the powder to blow them to hell. Sigh...

There's a great story that my brother tells about that particular Daddy McClainism (yes, we have a name for the expressions my father has made up/uses frequently), but I'm just rambling to cover my own nerves here so I guess I'll stop.

A bit of housekeeping: Do please note that you can find links to ALL of my publications over under the Books link. It also includes covers and links to where you can buy copies of everything I've written that's up for sale.

So... on that note, I'm going to go back to this whole "marketing and publicity" bit.... Which can also be called messing about on social media.

In honor of throwback Thursday, here is a picture of me playing bass in Japan from 2011




No comments :

Post a Comment